Teacher Training School ADPP Caxito
Teacher Training School ADPP Caxito is one of the longer established schools having started training primary teachers since 1996. It is located in Bengo Province and has been training teachers for 20 years. In January 2018, the school graduated 67 new primary teachers, bringing the accumulated total to 1,231 students, of whom 323 are female.
Project Activities and Results
Teacher Training School ADPP Caxito currently has Teams 2016, 2017 and 2018. Team 2018 students, who have just started, have prepared well for their 12-week study trip. Team 2017 is combining teaching experience at local schools with studies and courses at TTC Caxito. Team 2016, in long-term teaching practice in rural communities, are having an important impact with the micro projects that they are implementing, and many people are benefiting from their efforts.
- Team 2016: 109 students, 34 female and 75 male
- Team 2017: 90 students, 23 female and 67 male
- Team 2018: 102 students, 28 female and 74 male
- Teacher Training School ADPP Caxito continues to play an important role in the education system in the province. Hundreds of graduates are working in schools or education offices. Trainees contribute during both 2nd and 3rd Year, first at local primary schools and subsequently at rural schools.
- Teacher Training School ADPP Caxito opens its doors to the community, and organizes cultural and sporting events for the benefit of all.
- Community actions help raise awareness about common diseases and mobilize people to join activities aimed at maintaining the environment clean and safe.